* NOMINATED FOR 2015 JUNO AWARD *
They all improvised - Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Shostakovich... but what would that sound like? Or if these composers were transported to the twenty-first century?
Listen and buy online at:
“John's vibrant, whimsical and piano-playing is totally engaging - "Off With The Cuffs" highlights his witty and clever sense of improvisation, and is great fun to listen to."
- Lisa Kaplan, 3-time Grammy winner, Eighth Blackbird
"To listen to Stetch pilot these luxury vehicles over the off-road of his imagination is wildly inspiring, usefully disconcerting, and just plain fun."
- David Yearsley, Counterpunch
"Stetch has the musical gravitas to pull off what some could see as mere musical jokes; in his hands, though, these tunes have become more contemporary songs, to be taken no less seriously than the originals."
- DownBeat Magazine, 4 stars
"John Stetch has a unique voice and travels freely between musical styles. He does all of this with overwhelming virtuosity."
- Alex Fiterstein, clarinetist, 2009 Avery Fisher Career Grant recipient